View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 01:36 PM
level5music
Lurker

level5music is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP n00b questions, searched, googled, no answers.

I got a Touch Pro to replace my godawful Mogul (for free! win!). I've had a rather hard time with it for a new phone. I've googled, and searched forums for the answers to these questions but to little avail. There's alot of static in the community, which is great for finding new things for these devices; however for specifics not so much.

My Touch Pro is on the stock Sprint ROM.

1 - GPS on Sprint Nav FREEZES my device, each time, every time. What the hell? This has happened over several hard resets. GPS 99% of the time will not lock. QuickGPS will not lock, and gives me a connection error. When it does lock, it will get stuck at cease following my location, each time, every time. Broken GPS chip?

2 - TF3D Config themes SLOW DOWN MY DEVICE. To nearly a crawl. I've tried 10+ themes, and they all slow the device down to varying degrees compared to the stock Sprint Theme. I've only tried the TF3D Config .theme files, not .cab ones. I've tried this with, and without DiamondTweak reccommended settings for TF3D

3 - Random Resets - I've had 2-3 occasions over the past week where the device hasn't been touched in an hour+, has nothing running, but will magically reset.

4 - Drop down to 1X. I had this problem with my Mogul, and it drove me BAT**** CRAZY! At work, it just drops to 1X, and I cannot regain EVDO without a soft reset. Ironically, my co-worker also has a TP, she sits about 8 ft from me, and never ever ever has this problem. Note that when I'm stuck in 1X, all data functions do not work.

Any answers to these questions? Please and thanks