View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a cab file for the original PIE (not PIE 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DssTrainer View Post
Good to see someone else out there likes PIE5 better as well.
Opera and Skyfire just require too much ram for a phone.... at least for phones like the Touch. It's a complete waste. I spend more time trying to get the phone to load all the pics on a site when I could have easily looked at the broken view in PIE5 and got my answer.

PIE 5 with mobile versions of websites like xda, engadget, gizmodo, joystiq, etc was super fast and functional. PIE 6 is like Opera 1... but even slower and when you say "Mobile version" it still loads a larger version that requires a horizontal scroll.
you should try opera mini, much faster the pie and most other browsers. need a java vm to run it but its great. If you need the java, I can post it.