ATT-Half is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint HTC having LCD or video signal problems

Hello

everyone i been having issues with my phone lately. I had it since about Nov 24
Quote:
when i return my iphone
everything worked great until 2 days ago i notice that when i press the power button that normally turns on the screen had no effect.

naturally i though i had somehow powered the phone off but after further testing look like something going on with graphic chip or connections.

the problems is it shows up randomly but it's getting less random every time
Quote:
probably cause i now check on it every so often to see if it's still there
but i can see the lcd does come on because of the change of color black to greysh black and if your turn it sideways u can see the white back light on the edges which means the back light is working the lcd my not be getting signal from the phone it usually takes 4 - 6 + hits/tabs on the power button to make the WM deskop/GUI show up but after it shows up it doesn't happen again until to the phone screen goes to sleep and it's been sleep for a while and even then it sometimes happens and other times it just works normally and twice during my testing after doing the 4-6 tabs on the power button after the screen wouldn't come on the picture will be back but a dark purple color and then another tab on power will fix it.

removing the battery and reset haven't worked

I was thinking of taking it to the sprint store to get a replacement, i do have it insured but i was wondering they do have a 1 year warranty on them correct or do they right away try to hit the insurance co ?

hopefully my phone cooperates cause don't want to hit the sprint store and have it work for them perfectly and when i get home the issue is back.

in case anyone is wondering date behind the battery cover = DT08.10.24
Rom date =09/12/08
Rom ver = 1.03.651.3
radio ver= 1.03.15F

also wondering if this has anything to do with WMWifiRouter before this issue hit or i was aware of it my cable line when down and i had to used it as USB modem for 3 days not 24/7 but that program is very heavy on battery and heat issues.

aside from LCD everything else working as expected

is there a hidden setting to fix this issue?