View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 02:00 AM
stevedusa
Halfway to VIP Status

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EDGE - a battery saver or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgm541 View Post
So u basically rephrased my question.

Re read my OP and then post. What I am asking is the length of time taken to download a file or email attachment make EDGE the better or worse option.

And also, am i saving power by being in GSM mode rather than Auto with data off?

Its so hard to explain some of these things.. hopefully someone understands
In your original post, you already said that you don't need super fast connection so, I'd assume stay with EDGE would save you juice by about, maybe 20%?

Of course, the speed isn't great. I guess it's about 10, 20k/s max? Versus maybe 150-300k/s depending on your location and network capacity. So you can make a decision there.

It does take a lot juice out when using 3G.

Do you have a constant data on application like PUSH or streamming audio? If you do, I guess the best thing to do is try out different methods and see which one lasts you longer (I would be EDGE but the time you spending waiting would be same as if you download them with 3G speed).