View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 07:46 PM
robbie2883
Lurker

robbie2883 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cox outgoing email SOLVED!

Ok, if this has been posted i just couldn't find it. this is my first post and i apologize if this has been covered. just trying to help. I spent hours today trying to find a solution. as a lot of you might already know cox blocks outgoing email through their server unless it is sent on their network. this is to help prevent spam.

this is fix is for anyone who can recieve email on their phone with their cox email but cannot send.

first thing to do is to go into your account setup on the phone.
go through and enter all your login info. setup the incoming settings as pop.xxxx.cox.net, where as xxxx = east, west or central depending on your location. next when you get to the outgoing mail setting you need to check both boxes, "outgoing server requires authentication" and "use same settings for sending e-mail" then in the outgoing server field you want to enter this EXACTLY, smtp.xxxx.cox.net:465 again...xxxx is replaced by east, west or central depending on location. now at the bottom of the screen click on advanced setting and check the box for "require SSL for outgoing e-mail" ONLY this box. leave the incoming email box unchecked. make sure the network connection type is "The Interenet" hit done and go through the rest of the last couple setup option and you're done. you should be able to both send AND receive email through your phone for your cox account. hope this helps someone.
This post has been thanked 9 times.