View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 12:12 PM
dschoenike
Give him the KICK!!!

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The reality of build dates for the TP!!

Greetings. I find the idea of build dates having anything to do with the quality of the device very interesting, and kinda scary. I understand its a fairly common problem regarding electronics (gaming consles, phones, etc..) but it sure makes it feel like getting a quality device is all luck of the draw. Regarding the build dates on these touch pros, what do you consider a "later" build date? Mine is 12-27-08 and i could not be any happier with it. It's solid, not creaky, bright screen, and keys are flush. But i've read people having issues with new phones than mine, and people happy with theirs that were built in October. I guess it almost seems like there's no rhyme or reason with which phones will be solid, or which will feel flimsy. Be kinda interesting to see a list of peoples reviews/complaints following a build date. Like, 12-27-08= solid, no issues, blah blah blah 11-06-08= cracked chrome, keys peeling up, blah blah blah.
Sorry for rambling on, but like i said, i think its kinda scary that getting a decent touch pro isn't necessarily a given.
dschoenike