View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 04:19 PM
reyrey127
PPCGeeks Regular

reyrey127 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Like to see who Bought BESTBUY phones with Late Builds??

I bought my phone from bestbuy for 299 about 1.5 weeks ago (Jan 30th to be exact). It seems like all the phones are early build models. It took me 1.5 weeks and 2 exchanges to get a Dec 19 build phone. Sort of sad. I am in southern california. Anyone from california with a january build phone and where did you get it from?? Thanks. I will drive if i have to to get a later build phone, due to the issues i have gone through with the first two phones.

1. crooked keyboard with similar gap as the one i have now 1.0-1.5mm gap at the long edges (0.5-0.75 at the sort edges), heat issue around the battery cover (creaking), sound seemed low at times, and .?? firmware (didn't know how to check it until recently).(Late Nov Build due to the MEID DECIMAL (849XXXX) number comparison).

2. keyboard has lil gap about 0.5 all around and was nice, people complained i have a crackling noise and echo when i spoke (speaker was low as well, poor audio earpiece (could not hear well), kept getting an error message when i started the phone about express activation, TF3d was slow as a snail, battery cover creaks, and .3 firmware. (Nov 16 build (846XXXX)).

3. (CURRENT) keyboard has gap as mentioned earlier which is about 1.0-1.5mm gap at the long edges (0.5-0.75 at the sort edges), heat issue only at the camera strip portion, screen hits keyboard when i push the buttons on the pad, but everything else seems fine (battery creak is there), and .4 firmware. (Dec 19 build (852XXXX)).

Can anyone help me with my search. I have called plenty of stores in the california area, well at least those that picked up. From Dublin to Chino Hills store. So north to south.

I am trying to do my due diligience to find a phone that is "perfect". HTC said the gap is normal but who knows. They also told me not to flash my ROM after telling them that I read something about a mighty mouse... (She laughed)...

anyways.. any help.. thanks.

PS all my exchanges were from BEST BUY!!...