Thread: Really?!?!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 09:28 PM
CozBoogie
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
I don't find it offensive. Having said that...there are times when one must conform, or at least, refrain from letting your freak flag fly.

I'm a male who has numerous piercing in my ears. I also happen to work for a government contractor. I choose not to wear my earrings at work. Why? Because at times you have to fit in...you have to play by "the man's" rules. It hasn't compromised any aspect of my life at all.

I'm all for legalized mary jane. However, since it is currently illegal to possess, etc. I choose not to use it. I also get drug tested at work.

You have the right to free speech, etc. But that doesn't allow you to go into a movie theater and yell fire. You must temper your actions within the rules, boundaries, and expected behavior of the greater society.

That's how our society works best. Everyone is allowed to "let their freak flag fly" but you must know when and where to do it.

Now this board is quite the community...we tend to police ourselves and respect others...however if the powers that be (or "the man") say you might want to reconsider...then choose your battle and abide by "the man". There's no harm in it. You are not compromising yourself at all.

Don't try so hard to be different...just be different.

late,
Coz