View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Darkjedi
Jedi Master
Threadstarter

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best DIY Video Cable! (Best $3.50 You've Ever Spent!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Some have gone so far as to put a switch in, but really, headphones still work. The audioboost app doesn't work though so that sucks, but coreplayer has a built in eq so that makes up for it.

I dunno, taking off a piece of tape and putting it back on seems like more trouble than using coreplayer.

Also, if you go to a sprint store and tell them you lost your multimedia adapter, they usually give u a free replacement, so you could have one normal one and one modified one (like i do lol.)
If blue wire is pin 4, then this fix works exactly the same way by blocking off the connection to from pin 4 to the phone. If you can still use the headphones for your hack then headphones should work exactly the same way for this one too. For those who want to revert back to full headset functionality, they just need to remove the tape. If you leave the tape on you can still retain partial headset functionality.

Since I'm very lazy, I'd rather just tape up the USB since it takes all but a minute to do. Opening up the box to get to the blue wire and cutting/splicing it seems like too much work for me, hahah. Especially if I ever want to revert again as well.

This fix is really meant for people who don't use the Tv-out function that often and want to temporarily jury-rig their already existing adapter to a tv-out adapter. I personally didn't want to have to buy/get/beg for a new adapter or do anything crazy like break open the box or permanently break the pins. If you're serious about tv-out functionality, I would probably look into the official OEM adapter as I think that's the only one with proper grounding to the audio, though I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 02-09-2009 at 01:54 PM.