Thread: SPB Backup help
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 10:18 AM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPB Backup help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
I'm joining the group that had no issues with spb backup on their 6800, but are now getting errors on the TP. For me, all smaller backups (80mb) or less, have all restored fine. But the larger backup files (90mb+) have all timed out and failed. I was also getting a ton of errors trying to restore after a hard-reset.
That is pretty much the same thing I found also. I tried a small restore with SPB (basically a hard reset & almost nothing installed) & that worked fine. I don't think I have had a single larger restore go well in the TouchPro for some reason as opposed to the latest version of Sprite which works perfectly.

This is basically just the opposite of my experience in my older 6800's (I had three of them). Hell, between all the flashing etc in those things I bet I restored an SPB BU 30-40 times & they always worked perfectly.

Back then, I didn't even bother installing Sprite as I thought SPB was the best. Now, Sprite is definitely at the top of my list however.

I did a full restore yesterday on my every day phone with Sprite. I made a manila mod that did not work well at all. On the next restart the phone froze solid & forced me to do a hard reset. I had backed it up with Sprite right before the mod & restoring the BU worked perfectly (all five email accounts work right, my work sign in works etc etc etc etc)

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.