View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 07:43 AM
mcw
PPCGeeks Regular

mcw is keeping up the good workmcw is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: remove sprint logo on today screen

From my Post on XDA (see here: Editing the Sprint Logo)

Quote:
To change the Sprint Logo you see on the upper right of the hoem tab in TouchFlo3D, you need the following:

1 - Manila Editor from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=414861

2 - The file "443d5315_manila" from your \WINDOWS\ folder on your device.

Once you have the file copied over (you can use ActiveSync if on XP, and browse to the \Windows folder on your Mobile device through My Computer - just make sure you're set to show all hidden files and system files and all that stuff - if using Vista, then it's best if you use TotalCommander on your device and copy that file to another location, such as My Documents on your device, then use My Computer and browse your phone and copy it to your desktop), start up Manila Editor and select the path containing that file.

You should see the one file show up in the list (happens to be "operator_logo.qtc").

Now, on the right side, you'll actually see the logo... 256wx64h - it's a transparent PNG, so, if you make a new graphic - make sure you create a transparent PNG... Then, in Manila Editor, click "Replace" and point it to the new graphic you've made. One complete, exit, and you'll now have to copy your new "443d5315_manila" back to the \WINDOWS folder on your phone...

If using ActiveSync and showing all hidden/system/operating system files, then you should be able to browse to the \WINDOWS folder on your mobile device via My Computer... Just drag the file, and overwrite the original.

If using Vista, then copy the file back to the My Documents folder on your device, and use Total Commander on the phone to copy it into the \WINDOWS folder on your device.

NOTE: If you're using Vista with UAC enabled, you will need to run Manila Editor as an Administrator.

Hopefully this information helps you out - I just did it a few days ago and the phone looks much nicer without that harsh yellow Sprint logo (I've put my work's logo, which, conveniently enough, matches the default blue/green theme, and looks great).
I know that you're looking to blank/remove the logo, so just create a transparent PNG with nothing in it (empty)... Or, if you're in a creative mood - create a logo.