View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 10:00 AM
krohnjw
Regular 'Geeker

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does your phone note an incoming call and *then* take several seconds to ring, or do you hear the ring as soon as you get the call notification?

For the former, check that registry key and verify that there is not a wait in the sequence string before vibrate or ring (e.g: aW3pr would activate the phone, wait 3 seconds and THEN play the ringtone - then repeat).

If it is the latter then you likely have the same issue as everyone else, the polling of the towers is slow. That can be changed as so:
Code:
19-FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)
I changed the polling (SCI) down to1 and don't seem to have issues with latency in ring time or display of an incoming call when calling from my other phones.