View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 07:34 PM
speck
PPCGeeks Regular

speck is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Something went wrong with my manila file edit

All the tweaks I've applied so far to my phone have been changes to the registry. I have had no problems at all with that.

Today I decided to venture into the world of customizing my TouchFlo a bit. I wanted to start by deleting the sprint music store link - I thought that was nice and simple. I copied 26948339_manila to my PC, I edited it very carefully, I copied it back to the windows directory on my phone. OK, so I forgot to turn off TF3D So when I soft-reset, I got in the endless Tap here to launch TF3D loop.

But I didn't panic - I went to settings, turned off TF3D, re-copied the changed file and soft-reset. I turn on TF3D - it still loops. I turn off TF3D, copy the original manila file back to windows and soft reset. I turn on TF3D and now all is well, but of course, now I am back at square one with the music tab.

I had copied the file to my PC with Active Sync explorer, and I edited the file with TextPad, not notepad, but the file is in unicode. When I copied the file back to the phone, I did get some kind of message about how file formats changed when copied, but I copied anyway.

What am I doing wrong here? I'm a little afraid to try again, although I guess I will since I did manage to recover, although it did test my heart health in the process .