AboveTheBULL
PPCGeeks Regular

AboveTheBULL is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Emergency Key/Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityhombre View Post
Forgive my noobishness but doesn't this phone have an emergency key/keys, does it? Tonight I was in a store that was being held up and one thing I realized is that this phone doesn't seem to have an emergency key. On my old phones you could hit the 9 key and hold it or 9 and talk and it dialed 911 asap and activated the gps and transfered you to 911. I was able to dial after the guy had left but had to be speak to someone to be forwarded to the correct city's 911 system. Also I had to hard reset to get out of emergency mode. Is there a trick to get out without the reset? A soft reset didnt work for me. I'm running Mighty ROM 4.9.3 on a Sprint Touch Pro.
Damn man, glad you're okay! That's definitely not a noob question.

I noticed this on the TP too a little less than a month ago when I witnessed some horrible ish... Not only did the 9 not automatically connect, but it made a LONG touchtone sound while I held it, which drew all kinds of attention to myself. Once I realized that wasn't working and just typed the 911 and hit SEND, it screamed 3 loud beeps (seriously at MAX HIGH or something), and then connected. Much like in your case, I had to actually speak to someone before I was forwarded to the correct 911 system (kind of like with a monitored alarm system).

The only thing that didn't happen to me was my TP didn't get stuck in Emergency Mode. I can't remember how I got back out of it, but there was some keypress sequence I had to hit to bring the phone back to normal status. Then again, I'm running stock Sprint ROM.

Afterwards, I looked all through the phone trying to figure out how to enable one-touch emergency, but couldn't find it. It's not even listed in the user's guide. I'll email tech support and see what they come up with....