View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:07 PM
chas123
Halfway to VIP Status

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any way to backup contacts with a broken screen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebo73 View Post
I have done that before... Now if i take and plug the new TP will it send all of my old INFO (contacts, events, etc) to the new TP??
Yes. If you have outlook on your pc, and have sync'd in the past, then all of that information is in outlook. When you plug your new device in, activesync/windows mobile device center will recognize it and you can transfer your contact list and calendar info back to the phone. Just a hunch, but if you haven't yet done this, or no longer have outlook on your pc, you can install the trial version of outlook plus activesync(for xp) or windows mobile device center (for vista) and do a full sync from your pc.

1. install the stuff (outlook and activesync/winmobile device center)
2. restart the pc
3. restart the phone
4. fill in the blanks and check marks on activesync/winmodevctr
5.Let it sync
6. make sure you get your new phone before outlook's trial period elapses
7. plug the new phone into your pc
8. fill in the blanks and check marks again
9. Let it sync

You ought to be able to do all of this without any on-screen confirmation on your device. By default, activesync runs at boot-up on all winmobile devices.
This post has been thanked 1 times.