View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Treo Pro Delayed until END of Feb...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
Are you freaking kidding me? Have you read ANY of the numerous threads about the crappy battery life of the 800w? I really hope you were joking or being sarcastic or something, but your post seemed pretty serious.
He's not ever serious, so don't pay any attention to him. There's a reason why he's banned at a few sites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
Hope they can do something to add some RAM. I would like to try the phone out, but starting up with ~40 MB or RAM gives me Mogul nightmares...and I wake up in a cold sweat seeing out of memory errors..lol

-s
I'm not hopeful. I think whatever reason for the delay, it will be a minor radio glitch and not something dramatic (like re-working memory)

A bigger problem than memory is how IE6 just won't stay open. I mean it is while you run it, just not minimized. The weird thing is I think this phone has been delayed for months now so they can get IE6 on it (IE6 only went gold like 2 months ago) This is like how the 800w was delayed to get wm6.1 on that, but while wm6.1 is worth it, IE6 is pretty much garbage. Think of all the good things you may actually like about IE and remove them, lol.

Other than that I do get a glitch with WMWiFi router: every once in awhile it randomly hoses the connection. Dunno why, but whatev. And for a 528mhz processor, you won't be blown away by speed--sometimes its nice, other times it is laggy. Though the "My Location" tower triangulation feature is nice and works great with Google Latitude without draining your battery.

Last edited by Malatesta; 02-06-2009 at 01:01 PM.