View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Darkjedi
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Better battery life with push mail on

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser78 View Post
I know it sounds strange, but for the last couple days, I tried turning on push mail for my Hotmail account and I've gotten way better battery life. Before I had it checking Hotmail every 15 minutes, every 30 min. with an IMAP account, and syncing with Mail2Web every 4 hours since that's the longest auto sync option available and I only use it to back up my calender and contacts. Before turning on push mail, I would unplug it around 11 am or so and when I got off work at midnight, it would be from 10-20% with hardly any usage. Today (at 4:52 am), it's still at 42% with push mail on and more usage than normal. Sometimes after work before, I'd have to stick it on the car charger cause it was too low.

Just an observation I thought I'd share as any better battery life we can get out of these phones the better right. It's worth a shot.

I haven't ever turned push on since it dramatically affected battery life on my old 6700 and 6800 so I figured it would be the same for the Pro so I was pleasantly surprised.
On the 6800 I had actually stopped using Hotmail/Live mail push as well since it ate up battery faster than if I polled. I switched to mobipush and it worked very well, but development for that service seems to be abandoned for the most part. I'll have to check out Live push again.