View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:55 AM
cruiser78
PPCGeeks Regular

cruiser78 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Better battery life with push mail on

I know it sounds strange, but for the last couple days, I tried turning on push mail for my Hotmail account and I've gotten way better battery life. Before I had it checking Hotmail every 15 minutes, every 30 min. with an IMAP account, and syncing with Mail2Web every 4 hours since that's the longest auto sync option available and I only use it to back up my calender and contacts. Before turning on push mail, I would unplug it around 11 am or so and when I got off work at midnight, it would be from 10-20% with hardly any usage. Today (at 4:52 am), it's still at 42% with push mail on and more usage than normal. Sometimes after work before, I'd have to stick it on the car charger cause it was too low.

Just an observation I thought I'd share as any better battery life we can get out of these phones the better right. It's worth a shot.

I haven't ever turned push on since it dramatically affected battery life on my old 6700 and 6800 so I figured it would be the same for the Pro so I was pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by cruiser78; 02-06-2009 at 08:59 AM.