Old 02-04-2009, 01:31 PM
woody88
PPCGeeks Regular

woody88 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issue with tethering to a mac

Greetings,

I have followed the steps below on trying to tether to a PC, or rather a Mac. I tried the below steps but when I tried tethering and hit connect, it would just say check USB connection, and failed to connect. So then I came across some other threads on XDA, that have said that besides the extension key that needs to be deleted, the setforcecellconnection should be deleted. I did that, and now I have 2 dropdowns.

While I am at work today, I have plugged in the TP to the desktop and hit connect, and this time, I did not get the check usb connection, but rather connected. So I am thinking that I am ok on the PC side. But apparently, having some problems with tethering to a mac. Does anybody have any success on tethering to a mac. If so, what are your current registry settings right now? any advice would be appreciated as always.

Hack Internet Sharing to work: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing] Delete Extension key, set/create MaxCMCon=0 (decimal). [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings] Set ForceCellConnection="Sprint" -- Cabified Version Here