Old 02-02-2009, 09:35 PM
jamz
Lurker
Threadstarter

jamz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Back from HTC repair...with specs

Well its a long story....the girlfriend bought it new from an Ebay seller. When the phone died, I called Sprint and they said that because I purchased it from an unauthorized vendor and not from an authorized vendor like "Radio Shack" or "Best Buy" for example, they couldn't do anything for me. The original purchaser "Ebay Seller" had to send it in.

Plan A: Well of course I had no luck with the Ebay seller. I then decided to contact HTC and did not mention where I got the phone only that it was new and explained the issues. I read serial number to the HTC tech and he said it didnt look correct which had me worried it was a referb advertised as new from the Ebay seller. Next I was to send it to PCD with a note describing the issues and wait to see the outcome. Well after about 1 month I finally received it today with a new main board.

Plan B: If HTC/PCD had issues with warranty "possible referb" I would get the phone back and use TEP $50 even though it was new because I wasn't the original purchaser.

Luckily Plan A worked out..

Jamz

Last edited by jamz; 02-02-2009 at 09:39 PM.