View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Geekcop
VIP Member

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Upgrade mobile 5 to 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
The 700wx is not equipped with enough RAM to run WM 6 or higher. Have you used a Mogul (PPC-6800)? Prime example of WM6 running on 64MB of RAM device. It can come to a crawl quickly with only a few things running. WM6 is a memory hog. The 700wx only has 60MB of RAM on board. Trust me you want WM5. Its not bulky and works very well with low memory devices.
Check your facts. I went from WM5 to WM6 and am now running WM6.1 with no performance issues. You are likely thinking of the 700W, which did have a serious memory issue. The WX has 128MB total, with about half of that available for user access.

@OP...look here on XDA for your Bell WM 6.1 ROM....http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=397134. It does require a SD card. You should be able to find a 1GB for a decent price @ Office Max or some such place. Flashing from a SD card is the better way to go. You don't have to worry about such things as your sync cable coming loose (this happened to me while flashing the WM6 ROM) or other disasters.

Last edited by Geekcop; 02-01-2009 at 12:20 AM.