View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 09:53 PM
polishsausag
Lurker

polishsausag is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cant FRIGGEN upgrade

I've been fooling with the kitchen for 2 days now. I didnt know what I was doing coming in, but am getting pretty darn familiar with everything now. Excellent tutorials. I updated. I reinstalled and updated. I figured out I am limited by size, and that some of the optional installs seemingly dont work well with wm6. Not bad for a scientist. Honestly I only got into this whole silly thing because I wanted the sdhc drivers to work with my 8 gig card and couldnt find working ones for wm5.

Issue - Help!
Of my flashes, only 3 have worked successfully.

My first working flash was great, except I apparently forgot to add the camera stuff, so I had to re-do, and I've been re-flashing all day. (Note: I would suggest highlighting/auto select basic standard features to prevent this).

My second working flash had all kinds of wierd isssues. (nothing in today, etc).

My third working flash had the camera and everything I needed, but the wifi was now gone!

-> Most of my flashes dong get past the first screen, and the hard reset asks me if I want to restore factory defaults, then puts me back to that screen. Any thoughts on this?

The last working flash I did was after I pulled the battery out and let the phone sit a while.

Goal: Get WM6 installed the same as the factory installed for WM5 (Verizon XV6700) (office, the basics, windows live)... along with the printer install, the wmp resume fix and anything else I cant istall from elsewhere (suggestions?).

Since this device has little initial memory, I figured I'd manually add all other apps afterward from the flash. (Long term goal - get this all working with 8 gig card and install i phone clones - ifonz, icontact, as well as all the media and apps my card can hold).

Thanks