View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 07:46 PM
gothere
Lurker

gothere is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Best Buy TP

Your actual mileage may vary and this not even work for you. But picked up a Sprint TP from Best Buy a few weeks ago with the intent of porting it to Verizon. Asked the store rep who thought up the economics of selling it without a plan for almost $800 but selling it with a plan for a little over $200 knowing the early termination fee was $200. The $400 difference was sort of lost on him.

Anyway kept the phone for 28 days of which 2 was actually on the Sprint network then called to cancel expecting to pay the $200. The <30 day rep said she would close the account but I had to return the phone to Best Buy and when that was done I'd get the first month + partial month credited back. I had yet to pay anything directly to Sprint.

Went to BB to explain I would not be returning the phone and he said to wait 4 more days then cancel again and pay the $200.

1 week later I got an email from Sprint saying my account was closed and past due. Called them and they took the payment for the partial month and said I was free and clear. This had to be done over the phone since webpay does not work for cancelled accounts. No mention of a termination fee. So for under $300 I have a free and clear Sprint branded TP talking on VZW.

Some days you get the bear and others the bear gets you.