View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 12:56 AM
ImCoKeMaN
Retired Staff

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please read before upgrading Telus to wm6

If anyone with a p4000 still running wm5 is willing to try something that could potentially be very helpful for ROM building please try the following:

UPDATED: REALLY REALLY Easy method!!!! Just run one file and then PM me!

1. Get file from ftp:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...SPL_backup.zip

2. extract Mogul_SPL_backup.zip and run SPLBackup.bat
It will show a dos window with a bit of information and show:
Initializing.................
-When complete you will see a program called Haret on you're PPC and the cmd window should close (it won't start a RUU update don't worry).

3. PM ImCoKeMaN letting me know that it's on the FTP so it doesn't get overwritten and so i know who to thank.

Old method:

1. connect phone to pc via usb activesync

2. copy haret-0.4.8.exe to device
(can be obtained here: ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...aret-0.4.8.exe )

3. run netstat on pc to find the IP of the activesync connection mine was:
(ipconfig /all shows mobile device as 169.254.2.2 that is PC side)

4. start haret on phone and click "Listen for network connection"

5. telnet to <device IP> port 9999
ex: telnet 169.254.2.1 9999

6. After connection is made run the following command to dump bootloader:
pwf spldump.bin 0 0x40000

you can also use help to show what other commands are available

This will create a file named spldump.bin in the folder on your PPC where you ran haret from. Once you have this file please copy it to your PC and upload to the FTP and/or this thread

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 03-14-2008 at 06:59 PM.