View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightcell
Just an update...
After having problems with WMP and some weird low memory error messages, I figured that the problem was coming from a 3rd party app.
I did a hard reset and installed all my apps one by one and tested WMP everytime... the culprit app is OXIOS Memory.

I got rid of it and WMP is player perfectly now. I had some problem with the side button as well and everything is fine now.

Just my 2c
One curious thing I immediately noticed with the 700wx when I got it: OXIOS Memory and even MemMaid Mem Reclaimer both resulted in NEGATIVE memory gains when I ran them

I was blown away by the fact that I was actually loosing RAM by running those apps so i uninstalled OXIOS and never ran SKTools or MemMaid RAM cleaners again.

This ties into what I think are Palm's changes in how memory is handled on the device. Very bizarre.

I run MemMaid on my 700wx every day and I always gain memory. Most is from IE cache, yesterday I gained 10 meg from IE alone. MemMaid has also helped in removing some dead connection from bad installs as well. It has been my experience that MemMaid works as well on my 700wx as it did on my 6700.
No no, MemMaid the main application/quick clean is perfect.

That frees up Storage Memory, I'm talking about Program Memory

Specifically about the RAMReclaimer part (you should have had 3 icons installed: 1 MemMaid, 1 QuickClean and 1 ReclaimRAM).

The last one, ReclaimRAM is what I'm refering too. It's basically the same program as OXIOS and SKTools FreeUP RAM and is VERY different from the "cleaner" parts (RAM vs. ROM stuff). These programs basically:

* Send hibernation message
* Compact Heaps
* Imitate the "memory low" situation
* Close tasks

THESE processes (all or maybe just one) screw with the 700wx in non-beneficial ways. Normally they would increase your RAM (Program Memory) significantly without having to reboot which is what a lot of people do instead.