View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Treo Pro Reviews

Not my review (not yet, lol) but here is someone from SU who got one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKINGS
Just wanted to give everyone another brief update. I'm coming from a Treo 800w, so hopefully the comparison is good for many.

Pros:

1) Call Quality: MUCH better than 800w, both on Handset and Speakerphone. If anything, that alone is worth the price of admission. I thought the Treo 800w was inferior in call quality to my 700wx.

2) Screen: Higher brightness and or contrast than 800w... seems nicer and sharper. Not to mention its flush to the phone now and easy to hit all aspects of it. I also kinda like and am warming up to the fact they eliminated to the 2 hard menu buttons and just made them touch screen interactive.

3) 3.5 Audio plug: I can now use my phone at the gym and eliminate taking my entire Zune with me along with my phone if I don't want to.

4) Form Factor: While I didn't dislike the 800w, this is noticeably thinner and feels just as nice in the hand. Solidly built... feels slightly more solid than 800w.

5) Looks: I think its pretty much a universal thought that this is just a much nicer looking than the 800w... looks sleeker. To each their own here though.

Cons:

Keyboard: Admittedly, I like the raised hard buttons of the 800w, as it had better feedback... the Pro is gonna take some getting used to. Keyboard Backlight is also better on the 800w... Just been sending some texts and this could be a deal breaker... although not sure yet, but I wish they could have kept the keyboard the same from the 800w... or at least closer in design.

SMS Texting: Not liking what they did here... not as much fits in threaded text, and no smiley faces? LOL... Like the 800w better in that Dept too.

Antenna: The signal on my 800w is far superior than the Pro in my room right now, but it might be that I need to call Sprint to program it better... plus I need to call to activate the internet too... haven't gotten on yet.

Features: This might be my own lack of time with the device, but where is the built in GPS on this thing? Not sure how to work it... most likely user error.

Fingerprints: This phone is not for people who can't bear to see finger prints all over their phone... they definitely show quite a bit on the glossy back part.

Conclusion: Ok so far... I'm actually debating going back to the 800w until the Pre comes out and see what that has to offer... I want to like this phone, but the Keyboard may kill it for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKINGS
While I didn't even get a chance to connect to Bluetooth yet, I did notice I had to keep turning up the volume on regular phone calls regardless. Not sure what this is about and maybe there is a patch for it coming out.

With that said, the Treo Pro is going back. Call me crazy, but after trying to use the phone at length last night, I still find my 800w more comfortable and easier to use. It's more of the old style Palm feel which I like.... I will wait for the Pre at this point (maybe the keyboard will be improved?) or for a WinMo 6.5 device. Right now, I'm happy with my 800w!