View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 01:48 AM
SprintTouch08
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CDMA and GSM users alike: In-Call voice recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
Hey guys, over at XDA they extracted an in-call voice recorder for GSM Diamonds some time ago. It was only for S2A phones. CDMA users could not use the recorder at the time, but with the advent of true (non-ported) CDMA S2A capability from the leaked ROM, we now have the capability to record calls on Diamonds everywhere.

All of these files were taken off a few posts (in a rather large thread) I found at XDA.

Requirements: The real S2A PhoneCanvas for your network type (GSM S2A for GSM, CDMA S2A for CDMA). For example I have tested this to be working on Calkulin's 4.20 Diamond Kitchen using his default PhoneCanvas OEM.

Install the CAB file attached, and then use Total Commander (or whatever) to copy the codec DLL into your \Windows directory. Soft reset.

Once your phone reboots, go into your programs list - there should be a new program called "In Call Recorder". Open it up.

Under --Menu > Options, change your Audio Format to WAV (in my experience using AMR causes the recording to skip). I suggest changing store location to card. Hit OK and go ahead and close the app - it does not need to be running to record calls.

Once you have all of that set up, make a call to your voicemail or wherever else you would like to make a test call. Once the call connects, hit the Menu key. On the very bottom should be a button called "Start Recording". You will hear a tone confirming the start of the recording as well as a red circle on the right side of your screen.

Once you end the call, you may open up the app again in order to listen to your recordings. For some reason the app plays the recording over the speakerphone and the other party is a bit louder than you are.
good work, i linked to you and this thread in the Pro forum since it works on Pro's too. I wonder if theres any way to disable (or lower a LOT) that tone when begining and ending recording. Its WAY too loud in your ear.
This post has been thanked 1 times.