View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Darkjedi
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problems with PIM Backup, it does not restore texts in threads

it does, but i found that they take forever to actually order them correctly. I have over 3000 texts backed up from the days of my 6700, four different 6800's and now a touch pro. What I did just to be safe was right before loading all the texts, I would disable threaded texts, load all the messages, reset and then reenable threaded texts. Within a couple minutes you should see all the incoming texts populating in threads, if you look in them, you'll probably see only incoming messages, but wait a couple more minutes and the sent messages will populate and your conversations will be whole again, and sorted according to time stamp. Just give it a little while to sort everything out, but PIM Backup does indeed work for texts. For my 3000+ messages it took about 10 or so minutes to fully sort.