View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Nagual
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Facebook mobile freezing Opera Mobile/Touch Pro

Talking to "myself" here in the hopes it will benefit others and maybe finally get some input.

I think I've fixed the problem (at least for now). But to do it I had to go into Opera Mobile's Settings - Privacy - Password Management. I unchecked "Pre-fill form fields" and now the FB login page doesn't freeze anymore, but I have to enter my password.

In that menu, it looks like you're supposed to be able to delete individual logins for all the password-protected pages you visit, but if you use the trash icon in the lower right and delete anything, it just blanks everything out (as if getting rid of all the saved logins even if you have only ONE highlighted) and then if you exit the PW Mgmt menu and come back to it it's all still there.

So my theory is that I had a corrupted password file saved and it caused OM to hang.

Anyone have anything to suggest--clearing everything (cache, etc.) from within the browser menu doesn't seem to have any effect, is there a file I can delete in the WM file system to help with this? The tradeoff of logging into FB is one I can live with but I'd really like to understand what is causing this issue.

Last edited by Nagual; 01-24-2009 at 11:45 PM.