View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Chuck_IV
Almost a VIP

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: iContact & iDialer & thumbCal on Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
also, my iContact some times freaks out. If i dont "flip" with a light touch it goes into super search mode, letter by letter, problem is i think my sensitivity is really high because it happens really easy. To be honest I dont remember how to change this, or is this just iContact?
This is the way the author set it up. If you do your touch scrolling on the actual names themselves, the scrolling will be fluid and smooth. If you touch the area to the right of the names, it uses a "virtual scrollbar" and shoots thru the list by letter.

This is actually one of the reasons I don't like this version and prefer Burt's(his doesn't have this option). Another reason I like Burt's is Burt's version has an option to show the actual windows task bar at the top(with all the icons and such. Ther are some other differences too(Burts shows the picture assigned to the contact, while the other one does not). One other thing I like about Burt's is if you go into a specific contact screen, you can use your finger and "slide" the screen off to the left or right to get back to the main list, like to you can with other parts of TF3D. I couldn't seem to do this in icontact 0.9. I had to always press the back arrow, to get back to the list.

The big thing is the icontact 0.9 is designed with speed in mind, Burt's sacrifices some speed for more visually appealing. I do like the groups wih icontact 0.9 tho. Just a personal preference tho.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 01-23-2009 at 11:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.