View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 11:31 AM
dvdmon
PPCGeeks Regular

dvdmon is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to dvdmon Send a message via AIM to dvdmon Send a message via MSN to dvdmon Send a message via Yahoo to dvdmon Send a message via Skype™ to dvdmon
Spam through my headset?

When I'm listening to something through my headset (streaming internet radio, mp3's, etc.), occasionally I'll get some kind of spam email that has garbage (symols and numbers) for the from and subject. It will also have it's priority set to high. My phone will interrupt whatever is playing and read to me "New High Priority Message from blah blah blah." This can take a good 20 or 30 seconds or maybe more sometimes due to all the symbols and numbers having to be read. It's TRULY annoying! Is there any way to prevent this?

I'm getting this through my hosted MS Exchange account and accessing via push email. Most spam gets filtered, but these messages seem to get through until my Outlook running at home moves them to the junk folder, but at least momentarily they are in the inbox and thus the phone feels obligated to interrupt my listening to tell me about them. Urgh!