View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Zenoran
Regular 'Geeker

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Backing up HA & AAA secret keys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I copied & saved them with out even using QDXM (although I have it)

I put mine in to EPST (##778, EDIT, 000000, view info, M.IP default profile) then highlight HA shared secret & click edit. That will show you the key & you can then copy & paste it to a note file (you need a KB with a ctrl key for ctrl C & ctrl V commands)

Do the same thing with the AAA shared secret & you're good to go.

You can save that note file to your laptop, a flash drive, the card in your phone or anywhere you want. If you lose data connection, copy the note file into the phone (or retrieve it from the card & reverse the above procedure & paste the info back in.

This works perfectly, I have done it probably six times now.

~John
I noticed there are some binary characters in there that show up as squares... do these copy properly??? I was using PHM Notepad and they appear as squares in there too.. just wondering if the copy/paste copies everything properly or not...

I haven't done a *228 or had the need to restore keys from any ROM flashes yet... honestly the only time this should ever ben an issue is if doing a radio I believe... in any event, would be good to know I have them saved properly if it does happen.