View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 05:31 PM
ruskiyab
Very Important Person

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Things not yet solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylcat View Post
1.) A singular way to remove sprint tabs (like Sprint TV) and rename them (like Sprint Music to Music)
Use either Diamond TF3D Config or Advance Config to remove tabs. To rename them, you have to edit the 26948339_manila file in notepad and rename the tab

Quote:
2.) A way to remove excess programs (bloatware) from the programs list. I haven't found a very clear explanation of this anywhere but several people have asked. Once again there are only hints at it coupled with long extranious processes.
Go into \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and delete the shortcuts you don't want to show up. As far as completely removing programs that came with the phone, I think you're out of luck

Quote:
3.) A way to remove everything from the home page (Big clock, gone. Call history and calander, gone. Just the lower crollbar and upper start menu remain so you can have a nice background dominating your main phone page.)
There is no way to remove the windows task bars. There is a mod on xda that will get rid of the all the Manila icons except the one you're focused on.
If you want a background picture on the main view, might as well get S2U2 or pocketshield or something. I personally, don't see a point of making the home page useless

Quote:
4.) A little clock display up on the taskbar that appears on the homepage, not just the subsequent scroll tabs.
Pretty sure you can do this with Advanced Config and Diamond Tweak which leads me to believe there's a reg edit floating around somewhere

Quote:
5.) Fast boot times. Booting up the phone takes me personally about 2-3 minutes anymore.
Mine takes about 30-60 seconds (Custom roms FTW!)