PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Kalnel is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2 months+ later are you satisfied?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Best phone I ever owned once I put my Custom on it! See my sig block.

I hopeyou find a phone that you enjoy. Before ditichgin it though, try my ROM. ITs a world difference as far as perf.

I do however miss my hard buttons on the Titan. I got used to it now.... Just give mem my soft keys and a start menu. Thats all I want. But that defats the intent of the phone. Its a touch series phone and not a PPC Phone. I see alot opeopel complain about that but they dont understand the concepts. If this DID have the hard buttons I woudl give it a 15 out of 10 ;c)
Hi Scott,

Actually, I'm using your ROM -- on my 3rd one or yours, I think. (Haven't flashed your newest yet though.) It definitely helps -- and I admire your work a lot -- but I'm still finding the device really slow, even as compared to the 6700.

For example, opening a small spreadsheet (147K) from click to loaded takes 15 seconds -- about the same as it took on my 6700. (This is on a freshly booted device with 47MB free, NOT running TF3D.) VZW Nav takes almost 20 seconds to load fresh, as does Visual Voice Mail.

That's ridiculously slow -- I had a Jornada that was quicker back in 2000.

Agree completely about wanting more hard buttons -- miss them a lot.

But, I'm perplexed your comment about this being a "touch" device, and not a pocket PC, since it runs WM Pro. Apart from the marketing gimmick in the name and the Today add-in, I've never seen anything from HTC, Verizon, or anyone else that suggests this phone is any more "touch" oriented than any other WinMob Pro phone. The Diamond, sure, it's ONLY touch, but that's a different story.

And, if that's the case, frankly, I'm even more disappointed, because I don't think it works particularly well as a touch device. I'm not a fan of TF3D and I don't find the screen very accurate or precise, as compared to previous WinMobs I've owned. Other than the scroll thing, there's nothing I've seen in this device that makes it any more touch friendly than, say, the 6700.

But the main point is, even with tweaking and regardless of whether it's "touch," I'm just not very satisfied. YMMV, depending on what your expectations are, but I expected this device to be the same kind of "mini-laptop" workhorse the 6700 was, but faster and more versatile.

Just ain't seeing it yet...