View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 12:42 AM
scrosler
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2 months+ later are you satisfied?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
I'm coming up on having owned my Verizon Touch Pro for two months, and I was thinking today that I've never been 100% satisfied with the device (although it's not as bad as you'd think from some descriptions). I've tried several different ROMs -- and my hat's off to the wizards who are making that, GPS, etc. happen -- but no matter what I do, this device has never been as solid and speedy as I would have expected.

Frankly, I'm still not finding any major improvements over my 6700. Sure, it has GPS, a thinner form factor, and more storage, but in retrospect, I haven't found the Touch Pro to have been worth the cost of upgrading.

Obviously we all have different needs, uses, and expectations for these devices -- my disappointing device may be the best thing ever for you -- but I'm curious to know how many other people are feeling that the Touch Pro just hasn't met expectations.

Right now, I'd give it a C at best: Not a failure, but just average at most. Of the 10 PDAs I've owned, I'd rate this 7th or 8th.

What about everyone else? Are you satisfied with it?

kal
Best phone I ever owned once I put my Custom on it! See my sig block.

Blows away everything. Not even close at this point! The transformation from stock to Custom made the diff.

One through ten, I give it a 12!

I hopeyou find a phone that you enjoy. Before ditichgin it though, try my ROM. ITs a world difference as far as perf.

I do however miss my hard buttons on the Titan. I got used to it now.... Just give mem my soft keys and a start menu. Thats all I want. But that defats the intent of the phone. Its a touch series phone and not a PPC Phone. I see alot opeopel complain about that but they dont understand the concepts. If this DID have the hard buttons I woudl give it a 15 out of 10 ;c)

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 01-19-2009 at 12:45 AM.