PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Kalnel is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2 months+ later are you satisfied?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enter260 View Post
i bought mines on 12/27/08. right now, it's packaged back up in the box and ready to go back to sprint. at first, i was really satisfied with the device, being as it was the first smart phone i've ever owned. however, after spending a lot of time browsing these forums, reading, learning, switching roms, applying tweaks, i've discovered how imperfect this device is. there are so many issues that annooy me, especially since it's sprint's flagship phone. the final nail in the coffin was the announcement of the palm pre. so i'm gonna wait for that to come out.

edit: just realized this was for the verizon version
FWIW, keep in mind that no device is "perfect." I wish you well with the Palm Pre, but I'd bet that you'll find forums full of people pointing out its "imperfections," too. One guy's "perfect" is the next guy's "totally sucks."

If you've never owned a smartphone before, you'd be smart to give a lot of thought to what you want it to do before you buy, then read lots of forums to see how well a device you're considering does those things specifically.