View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 02:36 PM
chronster
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Car Stereo / Touch Pro combinations...

So our phones support A2DP bluetooth which means this is what we should look for in a radio?

Here's what I'm considering:

Sony Xplod MEX-BT2600 $169
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158MEXB...ures_and_specs

Sony Xplod MEX-BT2700 $159
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158MEXB...wAll=Y&tp=5684

JVC KD-BT11 $199
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDBT...ures_and_specs

I wanted people's opinions. What are you using? How does audio over bluetooth sound? Should front aux input be a bigger feature to look for than bluetooth?

EDIT:

I ended up going with the Sony BT2600 and I wrote up a small review:
Quote:
Alrighty, well I have just spent about 4 hours playing with my new car stereo (Sony BT2600.) It took about 45 minutes to install, and the instructions from Crutchfield were perfect.

So here are a few things I've found:

First - The absolute best sound quality from phone to stereo comes from the auxiliary input, just as others have said. The sound quality is phenomenal. I disabled the audio boost application that automatically starts when headphones are connected, and the sound quality blew my mind (I've got subs so that helps too lol.)

Bluetooth sound quality was AMAZING for wireless. There is a slight hiss however when the song is paused. It goes away after a few seconds. I guess when nothing is being heard, the stereo cuts the sound or something, but immediately after pressing play the sound returns. Also, song name is not displayed while playing mp3s. I thought this was a per song issue, but none of my songs names were displayed while playing. Bummer.

A note about Bluetooth and delay: When watching a video in coreplayer, bluetooth audio worked, but there was a noticable delay. If I were to entertain a passenger with a movie or two on a long trip, I'd recommend using the auxilary connection.

The install kit it came with has a small section under the radio to store things, and guess what, it fits our phone PERFECTLY. It doesn't scrape when it goes in, but at the same time, if you go over a bump or something it's snug enough that it won't move around. Paired with bluetooth and the phone can be tucked in there without any need to bring it out really because with the stereo you can go to different songs using the controls, and also recieve phone calls (hands free.)

Talking on the phone on this thing is really easy, but sound quality on the other user's end is going to be bad. I listened to what my father sounded like when he spoke to me from inside my car, and there is definitely an echo.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the BT2600 for both it's price and functionality. If I had spent another 100-150, I could have gotten a radio that downloads your phonebook, and also has better control over your mp3s via bluetooth (pause as well as display the name of the song.)
If you're gonna buy anything from Crutchfield let me know. There's a 20 dollar coupon or something for referring a friend.

Last edited by chronster; 01-22-2009 at 12:19 AM.