View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 05:30 AM
scrosler
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie Questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pir8skin View Post
Thanks for the replies...

I was also wondering before flashing do I need to back up all my contacts, etc. And if I wanted to flash back to my original stock rom how would I do this? Do i need to backup my current rom before flashing?

Thanks again.

Edit: Sorry guys, will use the search function from now on.

Here is the skinny:
Going from one ROM to another may cause issues with the restore. Going from the same ROM to the same ROM again should be fine. Backing up from one ROM to another can be difficult based upon the old ROM and the new ROM. Variations in the CE OS can cause problems as well when swapping ROM's and back-ups.

If your concerned about your data / contacts sync with OUTLOOK / Active Sync FIRST. This will trasnfer you calendar, appoitnments, contacts o the PC so you can sync again when you flash and you wont need to worry about back ups.

EDIT: this will not however back up your installed apps and the settings, nor will it back up the standard default settings. Does that make sense?

Donations always accepted but never expected!