View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 04:52 AM
imneveral0ne
When will then be now?

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: Newbie Questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pir8skin View Post
Hello all,

I'm brand new to the world of PPC. I recently bought a HTC Touch Pro (CDMA, Sprint). I was referred to this website by a co-worker who told me about flashing my phone's ROM and how it could improve the overall performance.

Unfortunately I'm at a total loss of how to actually do this and afraid that I might "brick" my phone. So I was hoping you could answer a few questions for me and possibly provide me with some guidance.

Is there a glossary for terms used on this site?
What exactly is a kitchen?
How does a kitchen differ from a ROM?
What is currently considered the best (or most popular) ROM for my phone, or in other words, what ROM should I flash my phone with?

Thanks guys...

Sean
1. None that i know of, but im sure that people will be able to help you out if you have questions.

2. a kitchen is a tool that is used to build your own roms

3. see above

4. In my opinion, the best rom available is Juggalo's rom
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49341

Let us know if you have anymore questions, and welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your Touch Pro as much as I do.