View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 07:00 PM
GhettoBSD
Socrates Philosophy

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Website to consolidate icons, tweaks, mods, etc. Assistance needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuit breaker View Post
This is wonderful and if done right it could do two things... cut down on people asking repeatedly for things that can be searched out (I realize this is a grey area because not everyone is that good at boolean searching) and cut down on the amt of effort/time it takes to digest all the cool toys there are. It would also be good for the signal/noise ratio in here . I know the second is pretty important to me, I'm too busy working to keep up with it all.

What about a wiki setup by ppcgeeks rather than using an external service? While WikiSpaces' terms aren't that *bad* (http://www.wikispaces.com/terms#toc5), they could at some point contest the legality of some content we post/discuss.. so it might be safer to try to setup our own wiki.

Think about the options.. if we get the people that develop to follow a certain 'template' when posting a release, a bot could crawl the forum postings, parse it out, and auto-populate the wiki space with the release's content. That'd be cool..
I am all for having ppcg hosting it. when they do let me know!

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!