View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 05:35 PM
darnell
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Entering the letter "R" using full soft qwerty in Contacts makes a phone call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymatt View Post
I have this problem as well. Another I've noticed, which is kinda annoying (and I'm reading through that other thread now to see if anyone else has similar issues) is that not only does pressing the r button start dialing someone, but whenever I push the w key in contacts (phone and text messaging) then it adds an asterik afterwards "w*" and any time I press the x key it adds a pound sign afterwards "x#". I don't have too many people with x's in their names, but r's and w's are pretty common and it is quite annoying.
Those same things happen to me also when using the stock full soft qwerty keyboard.

But this suggestion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
I have this problem, but someone on here posted a "fix", sort of. When you have your list of contacts, press in the search box at the top, then bring up the keyboard. After doing that, R no longer dials the current contact. Worth a try.
Works for me. A good workaround.

Although I've been using TouchPal since yesterday and it does not have any of those problems.
This post has been thanked 1 times.