View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 05:35 PM
FrozenIpaq
PPCGeeks Regular

FrozenIpaq is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What programs do you have installed what are they for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
that would be a long list...

since you use orb, you should check out kinoma freeplay, you can login to your orb account on your compouter, and its a gui interface instead of using a browser and whatnot. it's great for music. it sorts them by artist which is badass. i love having like 100 gigs of music at my reach at all times in case i forget my ipod.
It's nice but they haven't optimized it for a VGA screen so everything is quite small. It's a great application but for videos and tv I find that just using Orb's web interface is best.

My application list:

Pocket Breeze - Great way to look at appointments and tasks on the today screen as well as any messages I get
SPB Pocket Plus - Something I highly recommend and something I've been putting on my windows mobile devices since 2003. I mainly use it for the taskbar battery bar, the close button functionality and the today screen plugin which I just have two rows of icons. Although the new graphic they use for the close/ok button isn't working on my custom ROM from scrolser
CorePlayer - pretty self-explantory, I use it for all my videos
Pocket Music - EXCELLENT music player, has sleep functionality and a great VGA interface (although you must have paid to get that over the winamp skin).
AD2P Toggle - for some reason my bluetooth stereo headphones weren't working properly on my custom ROM so this fixes that issue, I just leave bluetooth on, turn on my headset and then hit this baby on my today screen and I"m set
Tiny Twitter - using it as my main twitter application, love it so far and will be using it since my Professor handles class discussions through twitter
TorchButton - the original and the simple-to-use flashlight app for the TP, just click the shortcut on my today screen to turn it on and off
Wisbar Advance - The best and the most complete skinning program for Windows Mobile, I've been using it since 2003 as well and highly recommend it. Although the community seems to have slowed down in skin development, still a great program and offers some nice functionality as well
Garmin Mobile XT - the best GPS program out for Windows Mobile IMO and has proven to work well in my driving tests
Parlingo - Excellent IM application, so far the best I've used and the only one I will use now