View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 01:53 PM
nico4k
Almost a VIP

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Live Search "Locate Me" feature disabled?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but as far as i know, these "locate me" features (much like the google "my location") work using the cell towers, but for some reason Windows mobile devices on CDMA networks dont see or are able to see the tower info. If you are on a GSM network, then you wont have a problem using this "locate me" feature. I think the combination of CDMA and Windows Mobile makes it NOT possible for tower triangular location.

What's even more funny though, is that the "my location" works just fine on CDMA Blackberry. That i cant understand why BB and not WM...
I was hoping for this since the Apache phone came out (no GPS chip there).
hope that helps a bit...