View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:55 AM
darnell
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Entering the letter "R" using full soft qwerty in Contacts makes a phone call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
Are you sure you used to "Search" function? Not to be rude, but its been discussed several times in several threads, just a 3 sec search turned up a 6 page thread dedicated to the issue, even with an official statement from HTC

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...contact+glitch

AFAIK, its a known issue both on the commercial and consumer, end with no solution direct from them either. Trying a custom ROM by means of a flash is your best bet at getting that annoying bug covered. Just make sure its not based off the Sprint Stock ROM as its has those glitches, deeply intergrated
Thank you. Yes I really did search (several times) before making a post. Which is why I said I did. I thought this might be a known issue, but my searching came up empty. Of course results in search depend on the searcher using terms that match the poster for a solid match. I guess I didn't search on the terms to bring up that thread. But again thank you, it's good to see HTC is committed to resolve the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estigall View Post
Yes, I have the same issue. HTC say it is a know issue, and they are working on, but it depends of Sprint on when the update will be released.
Yea, Sprint adds another layer of time on things. I guess in addition to ensuring the patch does not cause errors, they would not want it to do things like somehow allow us use of FM radio .