View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Fatdeko
Lurker

Fatdeko is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP!! Touch Pro screen not responding!!!!

Had the exact same thing happen to me on my Diamond (frozen screen, hard reset, stuck on calibration screen etc) and went to the Sprint store yesterday. They said I had 2 options (to which I told them I actually had 3, but I'd keep the last one to my self, for now). As I didn't have insurance (and why should I--only had the phone 3 months and was well within warranty territory) I would have to send the phone to HTC (on my dime) and wait for a replacement. It would take 2 weeks. Option 2 was pay $120.00 and I'd have a new phone in 48 hours. I looked at the kid behind the counter and he could tell I was seriously considering option 3 and said , "I know what you're thinking, so why don't I just process the order for the replacement and if you come pick it up on Saturday, fine, if not, that's fine too. At least you can sleep on it. You can always call customer care and see if you can squeeze them for some goodies or something."
So I guess my point/question is:
Is this policy for real? Am I missing something? Are there any strategies, tactics, buzz words I should use with customer service to get some loot from them when I call?

Thanks

myers