View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Deimoss
VIP Member

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Entering the letter "R" using full soft qwerty in Contacts makes a phone call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
Searching around I could not find a thread about this.

I use the full soft qwerty keyboard all the time. I've found, that if I go into "Contacts" and start typing the name of a person, if I happen to hit the letter "R" anytime during the name entry process using the full soft qwerty keyboard, immediately whatever contact is just under the "R" key is called by the phone.

So I can be in the process of typing in a name and suddenly the phone starts making a call just because I hit the letter "R" in the full soft qwerty keyboard while in "Contacts".

Has anyone else noticed this and have you found any means to resolve the issue?
Are you sure you used to "Search" function? Not to be rude, but its been discussed several times in several threads, just a 3 sec search turned up a 6 page thread dedicated to the issue, even with an official statement from HTC

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...contact+glitch

AFAIK, its a known issue both on the commercial and consumer, end with no solution direct from them either. Trying a custom ROM by means of a flash is your best bet at getting that annoying bug covered. Just make sure its not based off the Sprint Stock ROM as its has those glitches, deeply intergrated
This post has been thanked 1 times.