View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:01 AM
edog
Lurker

edog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My findings/advice

I recently purchased my HTC touch pro (Verizon). I just wanted to share a few things for any others that may be interested:

One impression some have had is that the battery life is not great. This really depends on what you are doing. You have to remember this phone is basically a mini laptop. For most laptops you can't go any longer than 4 hours without recharging. Your "phone-top" computer is not much difference. You can't compare these devices to blackberrys. These devices do a lot more than a blackberry hence take more power.

If you are solely playing mp3 and watching movies you'll get great battery life. I found this out yesterday. I turned off the data, cellphone, gps, bluetooth, and wi-fi connections and had great battery life.

It's when you turn your data connection, wi-fi, or gps on. Then you'll see that battery dissipate quickly. Take that into account before dissing this phone.

As far as ROMS, get rid of the stock ROM. It doesn't do this phone justice. Verizon needs to contract lllboredlll and Mr Crosler to prep their phones. Verizon wouldn't have as many returns on this phone in that scenario. That being said, Mr Croslers 3.0 ROM is HIGHLY recommended. It is like night and day from the stock version.

The final thing is Touch3d is georgeous but it's a resource hog and it does slow your phone down. If you turn it off, your phone will be very snappy. If you must have some eye candy, the SBP software is great and doesn't hog your resources or slow your phone down.

Happy PDA'ing.