View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 05:02 PM
boggsie
b00nsquad
Threadstarter

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Skip First Boot Wizard ... KITCHEN REQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Thanks Boggsie for answering, I know this is slightly off topic.

Is it correct to say that the way BuildOS runs through the files (you see at the bottom of BuildOS window) as it compiles is the same order that everything will get applied? The reason I ask is partially based on your above answer but also because I assumed this to be the case intitially so I make sure that my OEM folder was worded so that it was last and I also made sure that my provmxl would fall after the other tweak file by name. However, I was still left with some of my tweaks not being applied because they had been overriden.
Sort of ...

The provxml always gets applied AFTER rgu. In fact, the rgu is constructed as BuildOS compiles the ROM. However, ALL provxml is applied after flash as part of the boot process, phone startup, etc. ... conditional.

So, if you have an RGU that you absolutely know is getting added last in the process and it still isn't sticking, then there is a provxml entry overwriting the rgu.

Best regards,
-boggsie