View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 01:24 PM
boggsie
b00nsquad
Threadstarter

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Skip First Boot Wizard ... KITCHEN REQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
I was just asking mighty about this very thing. Some of my regedits were getting overridden. It would seem that my provxml isn't being used late enough in the boot process. How can I make sure that mine is getting checked last? Will putting the regedits in the .rgu override the provxml's? Right now my regedits are in an OEM folder marked tweaks. Calcu's kitchen has a tweaks folder already there. some of his settings are overriding mine and I can't figure out a way around this other than editing his provxml but I don't want to do this every time the kitchen updates.
Excellent question. The best way to get around this is to include all of your registry settings, etc. into a cab that you install immediately after your first boot. BUT, if you are trying to skip first boot, that method is useless.

PPCKitchen handles this by creating the USER_OEM folder and these items are added after everything else. One of the advantages of using PPCKitchen. With other versions of BuildOS, you've got to experiment with naming convention of the oem folder and the provxml or rgu file to determine how to get your custom items to load after everything else in the kitchen.

Best regards,
-boggsie