View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 02:51 AM
Fixup
PPCGeeks Regular

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is The HTC Diamond Worth It

Go to howardforums for details about PagePlus, especially my posts there. It uses the same Verizon network. It is only $0.05 to $0.06 per minute. No any hidden fee, except $0.50 monthly charges which is really nothing. A $10 refill won't expire for 120 days and roll over if you refill within 120 days. You can use any CDMA phones (Verizon, Sprint and no brand). You can use QNC data, not very fast (14.4k) but free. If you activate a new phone or port it in, you get $10 free money to start. It is God's gift.

You choice is not about the soft or hard keyboard. I don't know the Mogul, but I know these things are very good on my Diamond:

1) The speaker is very close to the earphone, ideal for VOIP (SIP/Skype). This is my first phone that really does VOIP (g729 or g723, g711 won't work, even on EVDO Rev. A).
2) The camera takes real pictures, especially close up (30 mm). This is my first phone that can leave my digital camera home.
3) A true GPS that works with TomTom, Garmin, Google etc. After this, I gave my car TomTom to a friend because my Diamond does a better job, never worry again about someone break the car window for the GPS.
4) VGA screen that really does Remote Desktop and web. This is my first phone that can do RD for real (use 16 bit color, the default 256 colors won't work).
5) FM radio. Decent reception and sound quality.

If you need these things and if they are missing in Mogul, then you have a clear choice. For just $200, it does pretty much everything and does them very well, it worths every penny. It replaced my camera, GPS, VOIP phone and UMPC/MID for only $288, unbelievable, just my camera alone cost more. Just free VOIP alone will save huge. Anything else, do above things or not, will cost you MUCH more.

Last edited by Fixup; 01-17-2009 at 03:19 AM.